Honor Play launched in India starting at Rs. 19999 – 6.3-inch display, up to 6GB RAM, AI dual rear cameras
Honor has launched their new smartphone, the Honor Play in India for Rs. 19,999. The smartphone is targeted towards people who like to game on their Android smartphones and it comes with a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19.5:9 display. The display does have a notch but it also has a 89% screen-to-body ratio. It also comes with a Kirin 970 processor and you can get a RAM option of up to 6GB. Honor has also included the NPU and GPU Turbo technology which is a part of the Kirin 970 processor. The GPU Turbo will let gamers have better graphics and better framerates while they are gaming.
Coming to the imaging, it has a dual camera setup on the back with a 16MP AI scene recognition sensor as the primary and a 2MP sensor as well. The front also sports a 16MP sensor and comes with pixel binning technology which means the sensor uses four pixels into one and creates a large 2µm which will result in better low light selfies.
Honor has made sure that the phone takes advantage of AI for a better immersive gaming experience and the company has also included 4D gaming which not only enhances the graphics but also gives you 3D audio effects to make the gaming experience better. The AI on the phone is also used to give you better vibrations and audio while you’re gaming. You have 30 different audio recognition options to know where the enemy is coming from and 10 different types of vibrations to help you know what’s going on while you’re gaming.
All this is powered by a 3750mAh battery and the the bttery can be charged using fast charging.
Honor Play specifications
- 6.3-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels; 19:5:9 aspect ratio; 2.5D curved glass; 85% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor
- Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo
- 4GB/6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage; expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD card
- Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / nano + microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash; f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, CAF, EIS; secondary 2MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 7.1-channel Histen audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3750mAh battery with fast charging
The Honor Play is available in two different colors – Midnight Black and Navy Blue colors. You can buy the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage version for Rs. 19,999 while the 6GB RAM and 64GB storage version is priced at Rs. 23,999. The phone will be sold exclusively on Amazon.in starting 6th August at 4PM.
The company has also announced a bunch of launch offers. If you have an AXIS Bank card you can get extra savings when you buy the phone on EMI. Vodafone customers can also avail 120GB free data for 12 months and all they have to do is recharge with Rs. 199 or above. Vodafone RED customers will enjoy 10GB free data for 12 months on plans starting at Rs. 399 and they will also be able to avail free Amazon Prime for 1 year for postpaid connections.