HMD Global has launched a new smartphone in their Android One line-up of smartphones – the Nokia 3.1 Plus in India today and the phone comes with a 6-inch HD+ display and runs Android 8.1 Oreo. Since this is an Android One smartphone, the updates will be provided to the phone up until two years from today.
Coming to the technical specifications, the phone has an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 chipset backed by 2GB or 3GB RAM which you can choose while purchasing the smartphones. In the camera department, you get a dual camera setup on the back of the phone which has a 13 MP and 5MP sensor. The front camera, on the other hand, has an 8 MP sensor.
The phone has a matte finish and carries a fingerprint sensor at the back. You also get a dedicated slot for two SIM cards and a microSD card and all this is powered by a 3500mAh battery and HMD Global claims that users will be able to get up to 2 days of battery life with the phone.
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) processor
- 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB and 3GB RAM options
- 6-inch display with an HD+ resolution of 1440 × 720 pixels; 18:9 aspect ratio; 2.5D curved glass; Toughened glass for protection
- 2GB RAM/16GB storage; 3GB RAM/32GB storage; Expandable storage up to 400GB using microSD card
- Android 8.1 Oreo; upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie
- Dedicated Dual SIM and microSD card slot; nano + nano + microSD
- 13 MP (f/2.0 aperture) + 5 MP (f/2.4 aperture); LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with an aperture of f/2.2
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3500mAh battery
The Nokia 3.1 Plus is priced at Rs. 11,499 for the 2GB RAM and 16GB storage option and the price for the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage option is yet to be revealed by the company. You can buy the phone in Blue, White and Baltic colors and it will go on sale online as well as offline on 19th October. Nokia has also partnered by Airtel to provide 1TB extra data to users who have a plan which is greater than Rs. 199 per month.